The lovely YNC has given me the Honest Scrap Award (thank you!) and according to the rules I have to share 10 honest things about myself. The rest of the rules say something about tagging some of you and letting you know in the comments but I’m not going to follow the rules so precisely.
Here are my 10 honest things:
- I wear a lot of black. Whenever I’m shopping for something I gravitate toward the black version first, before looking at the other colours. The next colour I look for is a rich purple.
- I wear a toe ring on the second toe of my right foot. I have worn a ring for at least six years by now. I remember it was a huge deal to my dad (typical Nigerian dad?), but no one else pays it any mind (though in Nigeria I got a few questions about it).
- I’ve been sunburned before (yes, in Canada!), but only on my nose, and it only happens when I go in the water on a very sunny day (due to the reflection of the sunbeams off the water, I guess). This means I try to remember to wear sunscreen if I’m going to be in the water outside.
- I always have a lipbalm with me, and if I don’t, I’ll go buy one if I can. I tend to leave my lipbalm at people’s houses too, or lose them there. I think I’m addicted to the feel of my lips with balm. The lipbalms I choose are clear and not shiny and I like them that way.
- I prefer tea to coffee.
- I have been a bridesmaid twice, and Maid of Honour once. My mom thinks these three experiences are plenty and has said I should say no to the next person who asks me. Since that will probably be my sister I think we’re safe!
- My bedroom is so messy that I would be MORTIFIED if any of you saw it. I’d rather we talk about sex or something else embarrassing than fling open the doors of my bedroom.
- I find left handedness very hot in a guy. I’m not sure why but I have always have. My sister is the same and when she was dating this Ghananian who was left handed, we both told him we thought it was so cool (they had just started dating; we couldn’t be calling it “hot” or “sexy” or he’d think we were freaks) and he didn’t see what the big deal was. I went on a date with a leftie long ago and told him that and he too was mystified about why it was so cool. I can’t explain it.
- I am very environmentally friendly and love recycling. I may even be obsessed with it. I separate the plastic part of kleenex boxes from the box before recycling the box. I bring home milk and juice cartons from work since the recycling program there does not recycle those items. That being said, I use (waste?) more toilet paper and paper towel than anyone should. I just can’t seem to avoid doing this. I could probably go through a roll of paper towel in one day if given the chance.
- I know the alphabet in sign language.