Wow, 13 days must be a new record. You guys know what I’ve been up to so I don’t need to explain. Organizing the 2010 Nigerian Blog Awards has been a blast; I’ve learned a bit about working in groups and I really have to give people running collaborative or group blogs on an ongoing basis a huge round of applause. It’s true that we can do more when we join together but it’s not easy dealing with different working styles. I’m a procrastinator generally speaking and if you recall it took a while to get the awards running. Now that things are running, I want everyone I’m working with to run with it when truth be told, were I not responsible, I’d be very laidback about things. And when you add the Murphy’s Law factor in; see stress! Serves me right, huh? But I’m having a lot of fun.
Do visit the awards site and vote for your favourite blogs. You have a week to do so and it’s one vote per category per person, please! Duplicate entries will be ignored (and will be given a slow hiss before being deleted, if they make it through the safeguards I’ve set up).
Before I head to bed, I’ve got to give thanks:
- that I was finally able to meet up with my friend this past Friday night. We met at 8pm and talked and talked and talked. She asked what time it was and I was sure it was no later than 11pm…turned out it was 12:50am! Time spent gisting with a friend to the point that you lose track of time is something great, and girlfriends are a necessity.
- that I have a regular date with my longtime pals every weekend. It’s a time to relax, watch movies or tv and hang out. I even bring my laptop and start a blog entry if I’m so inspired, and it’s not unusual for one of us to doze off (like I did this past Saturday).
- for my new phone. If my old cell phone (which I also use as my home phone) hadn’t started being unreliable, turning off mid-conversation, I would still be rocking the scuffed 3 years + old phone but I’m thankful for my new phone which is far more fun than my old phone. I have a better phone plan too which means I can send my Naija-based boo text messages for free…once I find him. In the meantime Seye, Writefreak, Funke and anyone else who wants to get hassled by me via text message should sign up in the comments!
- that the weather is finally summery here! It’s been so hot that I’ve used the air conditioner (thank God for the AC too!). I hate mosquitos though so I don’t spend too much time outside.
- for plants. My mom is a huge plant lover and I’ve inherited that from her. I’m trying to grow some fresh and it’s fun to see them growing. I also got a gorgeous hibiscus plant from my mommy and I love seeing the new blooms every morning. It’s a shame they fall off the plant within 24 hours of blooming though! But look how beautiful the plant is:
I’m also really thankful that I will be asleep within 5 minutes of crawling in bed…I never take the ability to sleep like a champion for granted!
Want my monthly messages?
Subscribe for a monthly, often personal, message from Good Naija Girl.