The following goals were introduced in this blog entry, and I’ll keep you updated on them below. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to post updates so bear with me.
- document my value as an employee and communicate it clearly during my performance appraisal Deadline: February 28, 2014
- stop getting so nervous when speaking during meetings—it shows in my voice and after 8+ years with the same employer I should be able to speak confidently—my boss always has to remind me to breathe! Deadline: June 30, 2014
- set better boundaries with respect to my workload, and with social interactions with colleagues Deadline: February 15, 2014
- let fading friendships go or prioritize them by bringing it up with the friend—stop feeling bad about the state of a friendship because it takes two to make it work (or not) Deadline: June 30, 2014
- say no to activities or tasks that I really don’t want to do Deadline: Ongoing
- expand my friendships to include at least two people whose lives are more similar to mine Deadline: June 30, 2014
- be truly open to interest from a Christian man, as long as he doesn’t raise any alarm bells Deadline: Ongoing
- tell six family members and friends that I’m looking for love Deadline: February 14, 2014 *wink*
- go out to one social event, preferably one that strangers will also attend, monthly Deadline: Ongoing
- go out for dinner alone every other month Deadline: Ongoing
- travel internationally at least once more alone (even though I know I felt lonely the last time); it could be my last opportunity for a solo trip for a while Deadline: December 31, 2014
- admit that even though I want to learn how to paint, it would be more efficient to hire someone to paint (parts of?) my house—and do it! Deadline: March 31, 2014
- hold a live event in Lagos for the 2014 Nigerian Blog Awards Deadline: December 31, 2014
- contact two potential mentors for entrepreneurial insight Deadline: March 31, 2014
- launch a new website Deadline: March 31, 2014
Want my monthly messages?
Subscribe for a monthly, often personal, message from Good Naija Girl.