In my first entry this year I shared my goal to blog twice a week. It’s been nine days since that post and I’m just updating! I deserve your boos and jeers, so bring it on! ;)
I’m really excited about what 2012 has in store for all of us. The sermon at church last Sunday was the perfect start to the year, and it was called A Fresh Start. I was reminded that we should not dwell on the successes of 2011 because they’re in the past. So if 2011 was the most phenomenal year ever, thank God for it but look ahead to 2012! We’re also not supposed to dwell on the failures of 2011 either because that will hold us back from progressing in 2012. So for all those goals that I’ve had since the inception of this blog in 2008 (yikes!), that I haven’t yet acted upon or achieved, I can no longer beat myself up about them. Even when I see other bloggers doing big things that I want to do, I have to look forward to 2012 and to making those goals happen this year. I have a lot more to say about that!
For now, let me share some things that I am thankful for:
- That my father is home, even though it’s because he’s on leave for a not-so-great reason. He’s doing everything he can to get well and I am trusting God that my Daddykins will be healed.
- That my sister is enjoying her new job. It’s a short contract that should end next month, but we’re hopeful that she will be retained.
- That Babatunde, my youngest brother, is flourishing in his career, even before finishing school. He just has to fight the distraction of not letting all the opportunities that await him once he’s graduated stop him from actually graduating!
- That my other younger brother has been rather pleasant of late (we have a complicated relationship). Things took a slight turn for the better on January 1 so I think that’s a sign!
- For the generosity of a great friend…thank you, Allison!
- That a friend who was supposed to travel late last year had his travel plans delayed because he was able to be there when his friend fell deathly ill and needed to be taken to the hospital. My friend was living with his friend at the time too, which I think was also part of the plan to ensure that my friend could see this serious situation and act promptly.
I’m also thankful that his friend is getting better every day.
- For enough to meet more than my basic needs. I got myself a new laptop and some other things I wanted recently. It is a true blessing to be able to do these things for myself once in a while.
- For an upcoming collaboration that I’m nervous but also excited about. EEEEEEEeeeeeeeek! I squeal (out loud) every time I think about it.
What are YOU thankful for?
(And yeah, I know that image is not much of one but at least it’s a picture right? I did say I wanted to post more pictures with my posts!)