- Let fading friendships go or prioritize them by bringing it up with the friend—stop feeling bad about the state of a friendship because it takes two to make it work (or not) Deadline: June 30, 2014
- Say no to activities or tasks that I really don’t want to do Deadline: Ongoing
- Expand my friendships to include at least two people whose lives are more similar to mine Deadline: June 30, 2014
- I made a list of the friends I wanted to keep in better contact with and those I was content to let fade away. Conclusion: I need to focus on making new friends.
- I made a new blog friend near the end of the month, not even on purpose! When I first started exchanging emails with her I thought she had a similar life to mine but she’s actually a new mom and she’s married. But she’s lovely, so no regrets there! Looking forward to cultivating that long-distance friendship.
- I contacted a friend early in the month to chat about our friendship. The response I received gave me clarity about how to approach things: for now I’ll give less priority to the friendship. Timing is very important in these things.
- I was more direct with friends this month, calling out any passive-aggressiveness or rudeness that I feel—of course if I’m mistaken I’ll be willing to apologize and sort things out.
Want my monthly messages?
Subscribe for a monthly, often personal, message from Good Naija Girl.