I woke up this morning and was so happy to see the sun. The sun has a way of making any day seem great, even before it’s begun. The trick now is to find a way to feel like this on rainy days or those upcoming snowy/ slushy/freezing days.
It’s been a little while since I did a thankful post. I’m thankful:
- that I was able to help throw a moderately successful Nigerian independence day event, even though it was planned in a short timeline and I was very angry with my fellow Board members for much of last week. God still blessed our efforts (and prevented me from killing anyone!). Bonus: I met happybbbAlice and Lohi_O, albeit briefly! They are lovely girls (and too cool for GNG).
- discretionary income. Of course it’s a good idea to save money but I am grateful that once in a while I can indulge in a new shirt, grande peppermint white chocolate mocha (no whip, no foam), or lunch. This is a privilege and I appreciate it.
- that not all dreams come true. I’ve had some bad dreams in the past month that have scared me but I’m thanking God in advance for not making them a reality.
- for other people’s patience with me. I’m a terrible multitasker so when I’ve got a lot going on I can’t seem to keep blogging. As well there are people who are waiting for email replies from me and I’m thankful for their patience and the grace with which I know they’ll accept my delayed response.
- good advice. I receive so much of it…and I feel blessed.
- I’m helpful and generally willing to help out with anything.
- I’m very resourceful and can think well on the spot, especially when it’s related to decorating.
- I don’t hate anybody…life’s too short for that.
- I care about people and am interested in their lives. I’m blessed with the ability to connect with people. I attract people, even though…I guess I can’t say it because it wouldn’t be positive!
- I’m sensitive and can be moved to tears easily. I see this as a strength as it means I am not afraid to be vulnerable.
- I have superb attention to detail.
- I genuinely like my personality, every silly aspect of it. My sister imitates a speech I gave her once about this very point and it always cracks me up.
- I have difficulty staying angry.
- My ears are so cute.
- I am a good baker.
It wasn’t easy to come up with the list because this isn’t an exercise that we regularly do but we should! It reminds me of a YouTube video about a young girl in the mirror who was filmed doing her daily affirmation:
Imagine how positive your every day would be if you started it off like that!
Want my monthly messages?
Subscribe for a monthly, often personal, message from Good Naija Girl.