It’s a chilly Thursday but at least it’s not snowing yet! It’s not unusual for my corner of the world to have snow by the end of October so I will appreciate the clear sidewalks while I can.
Additionally, I am thankful for some other things:
- My sister got a better job! It’s a short-term contract position to start but we’re praying that this will be the start of something bigger and much longer in duration. It’s a great start to her 30th year of life! I’m also thankful to my friend who allowed me to send my sister’s resume to her so she could forward it to the people in charge of hiring.
- I have good friends who care about me and build me up when I’m feeling down, and that includes you! Thank you for the responses on my last post and the care I read in your comments.
- Material blessings. Whenever I get into my car I smile and I remind myself that it’s just a thing. But it still makes me smile.
- Inspiration. I seem to find it everywhere! I haven’t acted on it yet but by God’s grace I will sooner rather than later. I must carve out time for what I need to do instead of lazing about during the evenings.
- Life. There have been quite a few “senseless” deaths in my city in the past week (two accidents and a suicide come immediately to mind) and I am thankful that I am alive. I was watching Oprah’s Lifeclass and she was talking about how she appreciates every birthday because she knows many who didn’t live to a certain age. I am so thankful that I realized how blessed I am in this regard some years back. I am truly thankful every morning that I open my eyes (I often smile to myself and say “Thank you, God”), even if I groan at the thought of going to work or even if my 32 year old face no longer looks dewy fresh. Life is a gift! Please be thankful that you’ve made it to another day.
What are you thankful for? Nothing is too small to list.