This week I am thankful that:
- the elder of my two younger brothers turned 23! Of course, instead of spending his birthday with his family, we had to bring in the cake, take pictures and serve it in about 15 minutes flat, while his friends waited in the driveway to take him out for a night on the town. It was quite the whirlwind event but this is how it is now.
- my great aunt is trying to be a matchmaker for me. Sure, there haven’t been any successes yet but the fact that she cares enough to try is very touching and I’m blessed by that.
- my needs are met. I have not had to worry about where the money to pay my bills will come from, while some in the community don’t know where their next meal will come from. Every weekday I’m reminded to be thankful that I woke up in a warm bed, had warm water for my shower and could choose what to eat for breakfast when I pass a homeless man asleep outside on a street corner right beside my workplace.
- Writefreak came to my rescue. Earlier this week, I had a mini-meltdown at work (though the cause of the meltdown was not related to work). Even though I haven’t met her yet, I was able to unburden to her, tell her exactly how I felt and she not only she gave me some words of encouragement, she searched for a bible scripture that she thought would speak to my particular situation and she forced me to copy it down and refer to it when I feel this way again. And she put me in her prayers. I really appreciated that.
- I got to speak with Funke this week! There’s something incredibly lovable about her and she’s lucky she’s all the way in Nigeria or I’d be bothering her constantly.
Now I have a question for you: will you be getting the H1N1 vaccine (I have a poll on the right hand side of this page if you want to answer there)? Have they been making a big deal of it where you live? I’m still not sure yet, but I’m leaning toward getting it. I’m thankful that getting the vaccine is an option for me!