- Go out to one social event, preferably one that strangers will also attend, monthly Deadline: Ongoing
- Go out for dinner alone every other month Deadline: Ongoing
- Travel internationally at least once more alone (even though I know I felt lonely the last time); it could be my last opportunity for a solo trip for a while Deadline: December 31, 2014
- Admit that even though I want to learn how to paint, it would be more efficient to hire someone to paint (parts of?) my house—and do it! Deadline: March 31, 2014
- Hold a live event in Lagos for the 2014 Nigerian Blog Awards Deadline: December 31, 2014
- Contact two potential mentors for entrepreneurial insight Deadline: March 31, 2014
- Launch a new website Deadline: March 31, 2014
- I signed up to attend an event for WordPress users in my city.
- I went for dinner alone on Friday, January 17, at a Vietnamese Noodle restaurant. I had pho and shrimpless shrimp spring rolls—ooops!
- I sent a text message to the guy who did some home repairs in my parents’ house last year on January 20, asking him to come and give me an estimate for the paint job that I may hire him to do. He was supposed to come and look at my house during the last week of January but he didn’t show up, so I need to follow up with him.
- I launched a survey on January 30 to get some feedback about the website I want to launch.
- I attended the WordPress users event that I signed up for in January on February 5. There were about 30 attendees, seven of us were women. I didn’t socialize with anyone, except to ask a man if I could share his table, and to tell another guy what the speaker said because he didn’t hear it. I didn’t really feel comfortable there but maybe if I attend the next one it’ll be better.
- I heard back from the guy I had contacted regarding painting my house and his estimate was more than I’m prepared to pay. I may end up painting on my own after all!
- Made some progress with the design of the website that I want to launch.
Want my monthly messages?
Subscribe for a monthly, often personal, message from Good Naija Girl.