Happy Thursday! I’m thanking God for the following this week:
- My friend Anne gave birth to a beautiful baby boy! I am so thrilled that despite unexpected complications, their beautiful gift was delivered in perfect health. Praise God! I am also thankful for another friend, Shan, who is expecting a baby this year! If this baby looks anything like her one-year old, s/he will be irresistible!
- A successful performance evaluation. In this time of economic hardship, where people are losing jobs right and left, how can I not be thankful that I am still employed? (Note to employer: please block access to facebook again…not because I can’t control myself, I’m just saying.)
- For life. I was very saddended to hear that Natasha Richardson (wife of Liam Neeson, the actor) passed away after sustaining brain injuries yesterday. It’s not because she’s a celebrity, but because it could have been anyone! I have been to the ski hill where she was when she got injured, and in the past four years I have gone skiing three times and fallen mulitiple times every time, but God has seen fit to preserve my life. I am so thankful for that (though I am sad for her family). Life is a gift (that is totally my theme for this year)!
- For sunshine! Canada has among the world’s harshest winters and not only was this winter relatively mild but the sun has been bathing us daily for the past week! The temperature still hovers around zero degrees Celcius but what a difference all this light makes! Wheee!
- For my wins in the Naija Bloggers Award! Thank you to those who voted for me as winner in the cateogories of Best Personal Blog and Dedicated Blogger. The titles of those categories say a lot, and I honestly don’t think I could be prouder! I know everyone’s saying it, but we mean it: it is an HONOUR to be thought of so highly! Thank you!
Or you can just go here!)