- For traveling mercies! No, I’m not in Nigeria but on Monday afternoon I decided to make the four-hour round trip drive to the USA. Alone. It was a bright day when I left but making the drive back at 10pm in the dark, and dealing with what they call highway hypnosis was not funny! God spared my life and I’m truly thankful.
- Related to the first is not having to pay at the border! I could lie and say I charmed the border guard but I have a theory that men like him are generally easygoing and let people through! If only there was a way to see the face of the border guard before choosing which line to get into; I think I’m very good at gauging which ones will let you through!
- Money only has value when you spend it, and I keep reminding myself of that as my account dwindles, due in this case to wedding-related expenses! I’m thankful for the job that makes it possible to spend.
- I hosted a surprise bridal shower for my sister this past Sunday and it was a success! My sis prides herself on being very observant but she had no clue this was going to happen. It was a great time and I’m glad she was surprised. I’m especially thankful for my friends who attended and humbled me by their generosity to my sis.
- I’m thankful that I followed my intuition and reached out to my brother, the one that I have a difficult relationship with. Although things may not change in the long-term as a result of this, I am hopeful (and that’s new!).
What are you thankful for?
Want my monthly messages?
Subscribe for a monthly, often personal, message from Good Naija Girl.