April at last! I can finally share one particular piece of news I’ve been eager to share!
- Since February, I’ve been adding a line to my draft thankful posts about a baby, because a very special baby was coming to the family and although he was due on April 2, I knew there was a chance he could come early, possibly at the end of February, or in March. But instead, our little darling decided to show up four days after his due date, on his parents’ one-year wedding anniversary! I’m talking about my first nephew: this adorable boy is the result of what happens when these two people put their minds (and um, other body parts!) together. Needless to say, I’m in love. I got to witness my sister’s labour pretty much from start to finish and let me tell you: it’s not easy. I better understand the love a mother instantly has for her child, the love my mom has for my siblings and I. Seeing what my sister went through also reinforces my belief that every man should have to witness his wife labour to have their child—he will never be the same and I don’t think he could look at his wife the same way after that. What women go through is not easy.
That little guy’s the reason I’ve been quiet on this blog this month and it turns out that Pendo was right all those months ago!
- My family was truly blessed by all who turned out for my nephew’s naming ceremony. This boy is not even a month old yet he has been spoiled and really blessed by people who did so out of love for my parents. You see, my siblings and I are pretty average but my parents are extraordinary—people fall in love with their charm and humility all the time and although they’ve never had a lot with respect to resources, they’ve always been generous with whatever they had and are always so willing to help others. I know this was why so many people showed up on short notice and were more than happy to contribute to making the event a success by preparing food, among other things.
- I celebrated five years as a home owner on April 15 (though to be accurate at this rate I think I own about 20% of the house!). I’m thankful that I’ve always been able to make the mortgage payments and property taxes in these past five years, especially on a single salary. God has truly provided for me and to celebrate I’m finally going to invest in making the house look its best.
- I recently started painting my fingernails and when I saw the nail polish gift set that Cynthia received from an event she attended, I couldn’t help but comment on it. Next thing I know I’m being offered the entire set of 12 nail polishes! I so appreciate Cynthia’s generosity! You can see some of the colour in action on Instagram!
- I’ve been looking for a mentor to help me wrap my head around some work I’m doing, so I reached out to a family friend. He was kind enough to connect me to someone who has the experience I lack. I’m thankful that my family friend and this contact are so helpful.
- Easter was extra special this year all because of my nephew—the whole family bonded and my brothers just couldn’t get enough of their nephew, which was cute to see. Babies are magic, I tell you!
- I had a wisdom tooth extraction this week—it went well and I’m healing nicely. I used to be grossed out by blood but I actually asked if I could keep my tooth (I couldn’t; the surgeon claimed it was medical waste—nothing in my body is waste, jo!).
This was an incredible month of blessings for me and my family. I can’t even express how many more smiles our family has had as a result of the little guy.
What are you thankful for?