Just like that it’s the last Thursday in October and it’s time to reflect on everything that I’m thankful for this month.
- I’m thankful for my friend Ves who has spoiled me with delicious homemade dinners so many times this year—from one of my favourite pasta dishes (full of shrimp and chicken) to a steak dinner, I’ve enjoyed her meals and I’m definitely benefiting from the fact that she really enjoys cooking. I should also mention that she became a mom for the second time this year, but no, we don’t have to comment on the fact that maybe in light of that, I should be cooking for her!
- I’m thankful that I was able to cash in on the Refer a Friend promotion that an online bank was having, adding $50 to my bank account for a minimal amount of work (i.e. the time to open the account) #ilovefreebies. If you live in Canada, you can cash in too, but you have to open the account by tomorrow (October 31). And pssst: my Orange Key is 42430889S1 (if you use it we each get the $50 bonus!).
- I’m thankful for the kindness of a new friend who sent me my very own copy of The Gifts of Imperfection*, a book that I had been waiting for my turn to read (I mostly borrow books from the library). I haven’t read it yet, but by God’s grace I’ll read it before the year is through.
- I’m thankful for my nephew’s life, his excellent health, and how he’s getting so strong (and as a result always trying to yank off my earrings and glasses!). I love squeezing him to bits and inhaling that baby scent. I was updating my phone’s software recently and in order to do so I had to delete most of the pictures that were taking up space—the majority of the pictures were of him (don’t worry, they’re all on my laptop now!). It’s amazing how much he’s grown from those early days and I have been honoured to watch him grow from the very beginning. I know it won’t always be that way but for what I’ve enjoyed, I’m thankful!
- I’m thankful for the friendships that began as a result of this blog, and today I want to recognize Aloted in particular. She has inspired, encouraged, and kicked me in the butt repeatedly, and she doesn’t give up on me, even when I’m blatantly procrastinating. It was lovely to meet her in the flesh early in 2013 and I pray that we will have many more wonderful reasons to meet face-to-face again.
- And last but not least, my brother (the elder of my two younger brothers) celebrated his birthday four days ago, and it was great to spend some quality time with him.
*Affiliate link alert!
Where are you going—I want to know what you are thankful for!