It’s Thursday again and here’s what I’m thankful for:
- The results of my annual medical exam came back and everything I was worried about was perfectly fine! God is good and I was reminded that worrying is such a waste of time. Even if (God forbid) the outcome had been different, any time spent worrying would have been a waste. The rapper 50 Cent spoke about this to Oprah recently. He said that concerning situations that stress you out:
“Either pray or worry don’t do both.” <--Click to tweet this.
His reasoning was what will God think about you if you pray yet continue to worry?
- A small networking opportunity that I was invited to join with a couple of friends is proving to be very inspiring and supportive, and I’m really enjoying contributing to it. I believe that building a community where you can is very important.
- Summer has officially started here! My summer plans include planning a few trips to a nice beach, learning to barbecue, and sitting on my balcony. I want to intentionally celebrate summer this year, something I don’t usually do.
- The birthday wishes that I received on this blog. I appreciate that people took the time to recognize the day and I hope I’m able to do the same for you when it’s your own special day. Thank you!
- If you follow me on twitter, you may have noticed a couple of tweets about chin chin this week. I went to a wedding two weeks ago and had this delicious chin chin that I can’t stop thinking about. Then two days later it was my birthday and my sister (who attended the wedding with me) actually took the time to make me some chin chin!
Isn’t she darling? A couple of days after my birthday the chin chin was gone and I’m having withdrawal! But I’m very thankful for my sister’s thoughtfulness, especially because making chin chin is time-consuming.
What are you thankful for today?
Want my monthly messages?
Subscribe for a monthly, often personal, message from Good Naija Girl.