Another Thursday, another day to be thankful for the blessings in my life. I’m pretty new at this but am I the only one doing this who has to make sure that her gratefulness doesn’t contain some negativity too? For example saying “I’m thankful that my pants fit less snugly but they’re so worn out”? (I wish this was my problem o!) Anyways, without further ado, let’s go:
- Although they have only ever spent six weeks of their entire lives in Nigeria, my two brothers (aged 20 and 22) have really embraced some of the Nigerian artists I’ve been playing since we got back from Nigeria and that makes me happy. I hope they’ll come with me on my next trip to Nigeria.
- Making friends with with two women on blogville. They’re really great.
- Life. An oyinbo blogger friend that I have known for a long time (five years?) lost her father this week. I feel for her so much, because her relationship with her parents was a close one, like mine with my parents. I cannot imagine how she’s feeling.
- My laptop, aka my new best friend. Maybe I’ll have a one month birthday party for her. She’s navy blue yet I nicknamed her Ruby.
- My stubborness, which means that I never give up on things (as long as I’m determined to do it sha). I always feel such a deep sense of satisfaction when I figure out something that I’ve spent hours working on.
- My latest creative endeavour, which is challenging my creativity in a good way and occupying my time, time that should be spent sleeping!
Want my monthly messages?
Subscribe for a monthly, often personal, message from Good Naija Girl.