It’s another Thursday and I would like to give thanks to God for the following:
- The smoothness of yesterday. I woke up, left home, traffic moved so nicely that I got to work early. The elevator taking me up to the 15th floor normally takes a long time to arrive, and then stops on many floors along the way but today it didn’t: it brought me smoothly to my floor. Then we had a visitor to the office who paid for lunch for all of us. The drive home was equally uneventful, despite the really awful driving conditions and what would be a 30 minute commute was two hours long but I still had a good time.
- Facebook (NoLimit thanked God for this on Saturday, and I have to echo it). I was recently found by someone who knew me in the three years that I lived in Nigeria (between 1982 and 1985). He’s a relative, and he’s only two years older than I am but he can remember me! Mind boggling, since I have no recollection of him. We have been having a marvelous time reconnecting (or meeting anew in my case) and it has been fun. He’s the big brother I never had and we have such fun exchanging yabs with one another.
- My sister. We have our moments regularly (something to do with the fact that she is a morning person who wants to talk and I’m 100% not), but I love that kid. She knows me better than anyone, even friends that I spend more time with, and she makes me laugh like none other. She’s also got a remarkable super power of figuring out when I have a crush on a guy before I’ve told anyone (I always deny it sha).
- My close friends (who happen to be husband and wife). They know me really well too and they spoil the crap out of me. I’m not sure why they like me sha, but I don’t want to give them cause to question it. I’ll be seeing them and their adorable boy tonight.
- My sexy camera. I don’t know how to use one quarter of its functions yet, but I’m learning slowly and one day soon I hope to be sharing pictures from it regularly.
- My parents’ example of what a loving and solid marriage should be like. They’ve been married for 32 years and counting and they are still so playful with one another. They truly complement one another and they talk to one another. They aren’t afraid to share their opinions with one another and they have seen each other through sickness and health. Their love is touching to see, and inspiring too. I can never settle for less because of their example!
I hope you have some things to be thankful for today.