It’s Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and I have plenty to be thankful for!
- I’m thankful for the long weekend, which means spending more time with my family, especially my dad, who is in town.
- I thank God for my mother, her boundless energy and enthusiasm for life. I also thank God for preserving her health and for allowing that smile to be on her face even after a tiring week. I am blessed that she hugs me and tells me she loves me every time I see her.
- I’m thankful for my sister and how loyal she is: she always has my back when it’s me against someone else, no matter what (I can’t say the opposite is true!). I also thank God for her generosity, especially with her time and her willingness to help me when I’m in dire straits.
- I thank God for friends who listen to me talk about those things that touch my heart the most. I am constantly blessed by their advice and support.
- I’m thankful for healing after I broke a glass that cut deep into my knuckle of my right index finger. The cut was very deep and those first few days made me think I might need stitches but healing has come and I have a scar to remember the incident by.
- I’m thankful for my single status because the bible says to give thanks in all things. (It’s not always easy though!)
- I’m thankful for all the tangible blessings in my life, especially my car and my house. One person does not need so much so I do appreciate it.
- I thank God for health insurance that covers most of the cost of my visits to the dentist so I can go regularly and keep on top of my dental health.
- I’m thankful that I found a new doctor, even though I have yet to meet him. He comes highly recommended, so I’m glad he decided to take me on. I can’t wait to be thankful for the work this doctor will do to relieve me of the back pain I’ve been dealing with.
- I’m thankful that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength! Now I just have to take action, believing that to be true.
- I’m thankful for the beauty of autumn/fall here. We have four distinct seasons where I live and fall is by far the prettiest—those colourful leaves on the trees get me every year!
- I’m thankful for the lessons that the 2012 Nigerian Blog Awards have taught me so far…lessons like “Ask for help!” and “Schedule 500% more time for things than you think you need!” immediately come to mind. (By the way, won’t you “Like” our Facebook page while you’re reading this?)
- I’m thankful for my cousin’s blossoming relationship with a man of God.
- I’m thankful for my sister’s special man and how lovely he and his family are. They will make fantastic inlaws!
- I’m thankful for my job and salary, which allow me to take care of needs and wants. Speaking of wants, a new phone and an iPad are on the list but I’ve been managing this since April so I think a new phone is almost a need:
- I’m thankful for my brothers, especially when we get along with each other. ;)
- I’m thankful for the many inspiring online entrepreneurs.
- I’m thankful for the delicious turkey dinner we will enjoy later today.
What are you thankful for?