Every week I’ll post my to do list for the coming week. The following Monday I’ll update you, hopefully with pictures, and share my list for the next week. I encourage you to do the same so we can be accountable to each other.
I accomplished a few things; the only problem is that they weren’t on my list! In week one, I had to read chapters 9 and 10 of Battlefield of the Mind, which I did. In week two I finished the rest of the book (by reading chapters 11-25). I did some work for the Nigerian Blog Awards (though in truth I played with Ves’s adorable girl while she did all the hard work). I also co-emceed an end of year party. Finally, I worked on a project for our very own Margaret of Worship and Swag fame, doing some design work that I hadn’t done before. If you need some basic design work done (ebook design and layout, newsletter design, tweaks to your blog) let me know. My rates are reasonable!
All of this to say please bear with me as I get my act together with this to do list business.
Last week’s goals:
- Clear all kitchen counters so that only the essentials remain on them – I actually added more to my kitchen counters (hides face)—my generous counters are perfect for holding random items
Blogging and Websites
- Incorporate final comments on the ebook on blogging – The final comment was received so um, I have no excuse for not doing this
Send email update regarding the 2014 Nigerian Blog Awards– Done! And now the avalanche of work to be done is unleashed
- Meet with financial adviser – My eyes glaze over when I have to talk about finances so I keep putting this off
Give myself a pedicure– Done! I was going to share a picture but my feet aren’t photogenic
Create a pot of succulents for Anne– Done!
- Begin knitting winter hat – So last week I said I had to choose between two patterns, well this week I don’t have the right needles with me at my parents’ house! At this rate winter will be over by the time I cast my first stitches, so I should just go and buy a hat right?
And for this week…
- Clear all kitchen counters so that only the essentials remain on them
Blogging and Websites
- Incorporate final comments on the ebook on blogging
- Publish a preliminary schedule for the 2014 Nigerian Blog Awards
- Make an appointment and meet with financial adviser
- Begin reading The Gifts of Imperfection*
- Knit the border of my winter hat
- Go for a (minimum) 30-minute walk
What’s on your to do list for the next week?